Joint Admission Test for MSc (JAM) is an all-India online entrance exam conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) each year on a rotational basis on behalf of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
IIT JAM 2019 application correction window has been activated on the official website of the exam. Candidates are allowed to make changes in category, gender and exam centre fields latest by October 30, 2018.
IIT JAM exam is conducted in seven Science subjects (also referred to as test papers) in order to provide admission to candidates in MSc and other post-bachelor courses offered at IITs and integrated PhD courses offered at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. Several National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) also accept JAM scores for MSc admissions.
|Date of Examination||10 February 2019|
|Time of Examination||9:00 AM|
The candidates those wish to appear in IIT JAM 2019 entrance exam should fulfill JAM eligibility criteria given below.
|Starting date of registration||05 September 2018|
|Last date of registration||12 October 2018|
The syllabus will be divided as per the subjects & sections. It will be comprised of following subject’s topics & chapters, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH). The IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus will be prepared by the Institution from 10+2+3 level.
|Mode of application||
IIT JAM Application Correction Window Opens
IIT JAM 2019 application correction window has been activated on the official website of the exam. Candidates can make corrections in the field of category, gender, and test centre before October 30, 2018.
IIT Kharagpur closed JAM 2019 application process on October 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM. Candidates are informed that the initial deadline for filling IIT JAM 2019 application form was October 10. However, later IIT Kharagpur extended the deadline to October 12.
Steps to fill JAM application form are below:
Step 1: Register at JOAPS
Primarily, candidates need to register themselves at JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) by filling and submitting details such as name, email address, mobile number, and password.
Once successful registration is done, candidates will be sent an email and SMS containing their enrollment ID. Candidates need to note the enrollment ID and proceed towards next step of JAM 2018 application process.
The application form is available at this URL (click to visit)
Step 2: Fill IIT JAM Application Form
Candidates can login to their accounts using their respective enrollment IDs and passwords. Thereafter, candidates can start filling IIT JAM 2019 application form. Details that candidates need to fill in the application form are:
• Exam details: Here, candidates need to select one or two test papers for which they want to write the exam. However, in case of two papers candidates must ensure that both the exams are being conducted in different sessions.
• Exam centre details: Here, candidates need to select cities where they want to give the test. It may be noted that candidates can select maximum three cities.
• Personal details: This section requires candidates to mention their name, date of birth, gender, category, parents’ names, etc.
• Correspondence address
• Educational details: Here, candidates need to mention their educational qualification details such as name of the qualifying degree, year of passing, college/ university name, marks obtained, etc.
• Photograph: Candidates need to upload (in JPEG format) their passport size colour photograph taken in white/ very light colour background after August 1, 2017 in a professional studio. The file size should be between 5KB and 200KB.
• Signature: Candidates need to upload the digital image of their signature made on A4 white paper in a rectangular box with black or dark blue ink pen. The file size should be between 5KB and 100KB.
Once all details are filled, candidates can submit the form and proceed towards the next step of application process.
Step 3: Pay IIT JAM Application Fee
After the form is submitted, a new window will open that will display the name and enrollment ID of the candidate. The window will also display the amount to be paid by the candidate as application fee. After checking these details candidates need to click on the Proceed to Payment button.
After the payment is made, a dialog box will appear confirming that the application form has been received successfully. After this candidates’ IIT JAM application process will be complete.
JAM 2019 Exam Timings
|IIT JAM Entrance Exam [Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test] 2019 scores||IIT JAM Entrance Exam [Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test] 2019|
|List of institutes accepting||