The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release the date sheet for the board examinations of class 10 and 12 in January. CBSE has already announced a list of vocational subjects which will be held from February to March 2019. The board has also announced that from next year the students will be required to get a minimum of 33 per cent marks both in theory as well as practical to make sure that they pass the examination.
Here is the syllabus for Accountancy Class 12
Unit I: Accounting Not For Profit Organisation (24 periods)
– Not For Profit Organisation: Meaning and Examples
– Receipts and Payments: Meaning and Concept of fund based and non fund based accounting.
– Preparation of Income and Expenditure account and Balance sheet from receipt and payment account.
Unit II: Accounting for partnerships
– Nature of Partnership Firm: Partnership deed (meaning and importance)
– Final Accounts of Partnership: Fixed v/s Fluctuating capital, Division of profit among partners, Profit and Loss Appropriation account
Unit III Reconstitution of Partnership
Changes in profit sharing ratio among the existing partners- Sacrificing Ratio and Gaining Ratio
– Accounting for Revaluation of Assets and Liabilities of Distribution of Reserves and Accumulated Profits.
– Goodwill: Nature, Factors affecting and the Methods of valuation: Average profit, Super Profit, Multiplier and Capitalisation Method.
– Admission of a Partner: Effect of admission of partner, Change in profit sharing ratio, the Accounting treatment for goodwill, Revaluation of assets and liabilities.
– Retirement/Death of a partner: Change in profit sharing ratio, Accounting treatment of goodwill, Revaluation of assets and liabilities, Adjustment of accumulated profits reserves.
Unit IV Dissolution of Partnership Firm
Meaning Settlements of accounts: Preparation of realisation account and related accounts.
Unit V Accounting for Share and Debenture Capital
– Accounting for Share Capital: Issue and Allotment of Equity and Preference Shares; over subscriptions and under subscriptions; the issue at par, premium and at discount; Calls in advance, Calls in arrears, Issue of shares for consideration other than cash.
– Issue of Debenture – At par, premium and discount; Issue of debentures for consideration other than cash.
– Redemption of debenture.
– Out of proceeds of fresh issue, accumulated profits and sinking fund.
Unit VI: Analysis of Financial Statements
– Financial Statements of a Company: Preparation of simple financial statements of a company in a prescribed form with major headings only.
– Financial Analysis: Meaning, Significance and Purpose Limitations.
– Tools For Financial Analysts: Comparative Statements, Common Size Statements
– Accounting Ratios: Meaning and Objectives, Types of Ratios: Liquidity Ratios: Current ratio, Liquidity ratio: Current Ratio.
– Activity Ratio: Inventory turnover, Debtors turnover, Payables turnover, Working capital turnover, Fixed assets turnover, Current assets turnover